The Kaiser Permanente Center for Heart and Vascular Care at Kaiser Permanente Sunnyside Medical Center, has been ranked the No. 1 heart surgery center in Oregon for coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) operations.
The Center for Heart and Vascular Care has consistently earned three stars from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons for outstanding work on a variety of quality measures including overall performance, patient survival, complications, and medication management. It’s the only program in the state to receive the top rating. The center has achieved its outstanding patient outcomes while delivering a length of stay that is two days below the national average. Patients are in close contact not just with doctors and nurses, but also pharmacists and social workers. That means patients are physically and emotionally ready to go back home when the time comes, and preventable readmissions to the hospital have been reduced.
Since opening in 2009, the Center has averaged 450 heart surgeries per year. Patients receive a wide range of diagnostic services, pacemakers and defibrillators, angioplasties and stents for blocked arteries, and valve surgery in addition to CABG operations.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons gave its highest rating to the Center for Heart and Vascular Care at Kaiser Permanente Sunnyside Medical Center, based on performance for heart bypass surgery.
A wide range of cardiovascular care
The Center has the care your heart needs. We offer a continuum of care that includes emergency treatment for heart attack. Procedures and other types of care include:
- Diagnostic testing, such as treadmill, EKG, echocardiogram, CT scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), heart monitoring, electrophysiology testing and angiography.
- Pacemakers and defibrillators are implanted and ablation procedures are performed to treat heart arrhythmias.
- Interventional care, such as angioplasty and stents to open blocked arteries and repair aortic dissections.
- Coronary artery bypass grafts surgery.
- Valve replacement and repair surgery.
- Ventricular assist devices to support patients in shock caused by a heart problem.
- Minimally invasive treatments that help reduce the risk of complications.
Full scope thoracic care
The Center also provides comprehensive thoracic surgical treatment for benign as well as malignant diseases of the chest. Procedures and types of care include:
- Lung cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Diaphragmatic hernias
- Malignant mesothelioma
- Laparoscopic Heller myotomy
- Thoracoscopic sympathectomy