At Kaiser Permanente Northwest Gastroenterology, we strive to provide exceptional care to our members. We are a group of 20 board-certified gastroenterologists, one nurse practitioner, and two physician assistants. Together, our mission is to deliver specialty care and service to address GI symptoms and disorders. Collectively we specialize in treating GERD, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, disorders of the pancreaticobiliary tract, and liver disease. Colorectal cancer screening is also a priority, as we strive to be #1 in the nation at preventing this very common, but preventable, cancer. Our team is comprised of skilled professionals who focus on their area of expertise and interest so we can always deliver the great care our members deserve.
Our specific services include:
- Office consultation and follow up
- Colonoscopy and upper endoscopy
- Capsule endoscopy
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatogaphy (ERCP)
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- Radiofrequency ablation of Barrett’s esophagus (BarrX)
- Non-invasive FibroScan procedures to assess liver disease
- We are proud to be one of only two GI practices in Portland that provide the specialized procedure of double balloon enteroscopy (DBE)
At Kaiser we are proud to offer high quality service to our members. A leading metric in evaluating quality for screening colonoscopy is the adenoma detection rate or ADR. The minimum standard ADR recommended by multiple national gastroenterology professional societies is 25% for men and 15% for women. Over the past year, our department has an average ADR of 43% for men and 31% for women, both of which are significantly higher than national standard.