The Kaiser Permanente Northwest Department of Vascular and Endovascular surgery is based at Kaiser Center of Excellence for Heart and Vascular Care, located at Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Center. All diagnostic and invasive therapies are performed at our state-of-the-art facilities on this campus. We have a dedicated vascular ultrasound lab in our outpatient office for non-invasive vascular testing, a state-of-the-art cath lab, and a hybrid surgery suite. In addition to the Sunnyside location, we also see patients bimonthly in our satellite clinics at the Skyline office in the Salem area and Westside Medical Center in Hillsboro.
We are five board-certified vascular surgeons and two physician assistants working with a team of dedicated nurses and medical assistants with expertise in vascular care, wound care, and dialysis access care. Our goal is provide the highest quality of care with a personal touch for our patients. We specialize in the treatment of diseases that block, narrow, or enlarge arteries, affecting blood flow to the arms, legs, abdomen, kidneys, intestine, or neck, as well as providing comprehensive dialysis access and varicose vein care. We use a team-based approach in managing complex vascular conditions and work closely with our colleagues in the departments of cardiology, interventional radiology, cardiac and thoracic surgery, and anesthesiology.
Our surgeons perform a full range of procedures, including catheter-based minimally invasive procedures, endovascular procedures, as well as open procedures including:
- Endovascular or open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm and thoracic aortic aneurysm and fenestrated stent grafts
- Open surgical reconstruction and balloon angioplasty and stenting in all vascular areas
- Carotid artery endarterectomy and carotid artery stenting
- Bypass surgery and endovascular therapy for peripheral vascular disease and gangrene of the limb
- Bypass surgery and endovascular therapy for peripheral artery aneurysm
- Endovascular laser therapy (EVLT) and radio frequency ablation of the saphenous vein for symptomatic varicose veins and venous ulcers
- Hemodialysis access
- Surgical care for thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS)